Cluster Development ProgrammeSkill based livelihoods promotion
Its an Income Generation project supported by DIC, Rajasthan. Department of Industries, Government of Rajasthan, recognized this need and included as a Terracotta Cluster and Stone Cluster under Rajasthan Cluster Development Programme.
Arpan Seva Sansthan is implementing Terracotta project for the duration of three years. In Sirohi district we are supporting two clusters for the same. Stone Cluster, Pindwara is promoting more than 3000 artisans in 30 villages.Terracotta Cluster Siyava is to promote group of Tribal Women Artisans where project is covering 500 Tribal Women Artisans of 10 villages under Siyava cluster of district Sirohi.
Cluster Development programme includes developing local unskilled & semi skilled artisans into skilled ones via Training & Workshops. Organization has promoted artisans to attend different State & National level Fares & Buyers sellers Meet so as to maximize sales & promote their products.
The basic objective of Cluster Development Projects is to make efforts in direction for holistic development of cluster and to make Tribal men & women artisans as self sustainable entrepreneur. Siyava cluster promotes Tribal Women Artisans. The programme includes developing local unskilled & semi skilled artisans into skilled ones.
- To develop them so as to enhance their personal earnings and Social Status.
- To create additional opportunities in cluster area.
- To strengthen the capacity of the artisans in field of technology, market and business development.
- Develop an enabling environment in cluster area for accelerating growth of units.
- Facilitate the tribal women to become independent entrepreneur.
- Building institutional capacities of the tribal artisan of cluster.
- 9 motivation seminars have been conducted for 450 Women Artisans in Cluster.
- 18 Self Help Groups have been formed which includes 107 female artisans.
- Artisan Credit Cards of 25 Artisans have been completed.
- 5 Skill Up-gradation Programme by Master trainer have been organized which directly benefited 100 Women Artisans.
Marketing Promotional Activities
- Round the year Self Help Groups have attended 5 different National and International Sellers Buyers Meet at Cluster Creations Jodhpur and Jaipur, IITF – New Delhi, Shilpgram – Udaipur and an International Meet in Italy and sold their products tentatively about Rs. 16.01 LACS and collected orders of Rs. 46.02 LACS.
- Many Exporters from Jaipur, Delhi, TRIFED and National Handloom – Jodhpur had visited stalls in Exhibition and continuing delivering orders regularly.
- Website has also been created for Marketing Promotion and betterment in Marketing Activities. The Web ID of the site is www.terracottasiyava.com
- 15 SHG Women visited for an exposure visit to LALGOLA, WEST BENGAL for 8 days where they have got a special classes there for 4 hours daily to develop the new DYES in least time for different kind of Models, figures from National level Artisans Mr. Krishna Chandra Pal, Mr. Nirmal Kumar Pal, Mr. Iti Pal
- It is remarkable that 2 Self Help Groups from Terracotta Cluster have been identified by NABARD – Mumbai at National to attend the Trade Fare cum Sellers Buyer Meet at Mumbai.
- Two artisans from Siyava Mitti Shilp Self Help Group were identified to attend International Sellers Buyers Meet in ITALY organized by the Rural Development Department – Government of India, where we have send two Female Artisans from this SHG which is a incredible triumph for all of us.
In Rajasthan Handicraft industry may become backbone of state economy. Terrakota cluster at Siyava village near Abu Road in Sirohi district proved this statement.
To enhance socio economic development of Artisans of Pindwara Stone cluster by providing sustainable livelihood opportunities and cluster become globally competitive to tap the National and International market.