Drinking Water and Sanitation
Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC)
Communication and Capacity Development Unit (CCDU), Water and Sanitation Support Organization, State Water and Sanitation Mission, Rajasthan under Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Rajasthan.
National Rural Drinking Water and Saniation Programme (NRDWP) has its focus on drinking water security at household level. In ensuring adequate safe drinking water and sanitation to all households in rural areas on a long‐term basis, Gram Panchayats and their Standing committee, viz. Village Water & Sanitation Committees (VWSCs) and Gram Sabhas have to play a critical role. NRDWP also aims at fully empowered, aware and skilled Gram Panchayats capable of planning, implementation, operation, maintenance and management of water supply at village levels. In order to ensure that GPs/ VWSCs develop understanding of the rural drinking water supply and sanitation programmes, and are empowered to shoulder their responsibilities, they need to be provided with continuous support in terms of creating awareness, training and handholding on various aspects of drinking water supply.
The present work envisages:
- To execute the Interpersonal communication activities in the targeted villages
- To conduct the Participatory rapid appraisals exercise in the targeted village for identification of the local issues.
- To form VWSC in the GP
- To build the Capacity of VWSC Members
- To prepare water security plan of the village
- To aware the school children for water management
- Ensure institutionalization and sustainability of GP water security planning process
- Promote and support the set-up of local regulatory and demand management measures for improved water management, focusing on the control of GW draft
- Enhance access to water for poor and marginal community
Arpan Seva Sansthan is executing Inter Personal Communication (IPC) activities, PRA & Capacity building of VWSC members work in the selected villages of the Districts under NRDWP.
|S. No.||Name of Project||Name of Districts||No. of Villages|
|1.||Barmer and Jalore||Barmer||326|
|2.||Bharatpur and Karouli||Bharatpur||446|
|3.||Jodhpur and Jaisalmer||Jodhpur||296|
|4.||Nagour, Jaipur and Chittorgarh||Nagour||346|
|5.||Sikar, Jhunjhunu and Churu||Sikar||186|